dinsdag 2 maart 2010

A local treat

I have been thinking about adding a local treat to the wedding day. It isn’t the most diet friendly snack, but it is by far the best local food there is! I am talking about a Bossche bol.


source

A Bossche bol is a little under 5" wide profiterole pastry filled with whipped cream and topped with melted chocolate.
Eating a Bossche bol can get very messy. Years of experience have taught me to just forsake the knife and fork and hold the Bossche bol in your hands and just dig in. You shouldn't be counting calories and just enjoy. Trust me, your sanity needs you to do so.

A lot of bakeries make these treats, but there is one bakery that makes “the real ones”. You can really taste the difference, I for one am always very disappointed when a Bossche bol isn’t from this place.
To show you that I am not the only one feeling this way about this treat I’ll just show you what the bakery looks like on a regular Saturday:





Yes, that is a line of people waiting outside to be helped.

Will you serve your wedding guests a local treat?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten