donderdag 18 maart 2010

How to include the Mr?

I think it's not uncommon for the bride to be to do most of the wedding planning. My situation is no different. My guy decided he wanted to take the next step. He found a perfect ring. He proposed. After that it kind of became my party.

I spend hours online looking for inspiration. I discovered this online wedding community and I liked it! It allowed me to read and write about weddings without getting my friends tired of my constant wedding babling. I get to find inspiration and ideas for our wedding. When I get enthausiastic I show my find to him, most of the time he just shoots it down. He does put in his two cents. He's good at that.
Good thing I have a whole lot of spirit, he doesn't get my mood down just like that.


source

But despite of my secret weddingplanning pleasure I kind of wish he would take more of an interest in the wedding. It's supposed to be OUR day, not MY day. I want active participation. Is that too much to ask for? And now that I am voicing my wishes, I would also like to act that it would be wonderful if he showed this renewed wedding interest without my stimulation.

Is there anything I can do to increase his role in the weddingplanning? Or should I just accept this as a fact of life? What's your advice for me?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten